In order to avoid traffic snarls due to the Republic Day parade rehearsals going on at the Marina Beach road in Chennai, the Chennai Traffic police have announced a plethora of traffic diversions for vehicles taking that road.
These route diversions will be in place on Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday between 6am and 10am. The full list of diverted routes is as given below:
- MTC buses which come from Santhome High road will be diverted to Kutcheri road at the Santhome Highroad-Kutcheri road junction. These buses will ply via Luz junction, reach Royapettah clock tower and then take Smith Road.
- Bus route 27D which reaches Gandhi statue via Radhakrishnan Salai will be diverted to Royapettah high road at VM street junction.
- Bus route 21G which reaches Gandhi statue via Mylapore junction and Sivasamy road will reach Parrys corner via Royapettah clock tower and Anna Salai.
- Bus routes 45B and 12G which goes to Anna Square from Mylapore junction will be diverted at Music Academy junction via Walajah road.
- All vehicles moving towards Gandhi statue via Radhakrishnan salai will be diverted at Natesan road junction.
- Vehicles coming from Besant road towards Kamarajar Salai will be diverted towards Ice House.
- All vehicles except MTC buses moving towards Labourers statue from Walajah and Bells road junction will be diverted to Bells road.
- MTC buses will be allowed till Canal road junction. Anna Square bus stop will be temporarily shifted near the Guest House on Walajah Road.
- Vehicles coming from Parrys corner towards Kamarajar Salai will be diverted at the RBI subway. These vehicles can reach Santhome high road via Raja Annamalai mandram and Whites Road.
- Vehicles will not be permitted to ply between Walajah point-Anna Salai junction and War Memorial.
- Goods and commercial vehicles going from Adyar to Parrys corner will be rerouted to Royapettah Whites road and Anna Salai from the Greenways road junction and reach Parrys corner.
- On the days of rehearsal, no vehicles will be permitted to run between Light House and War Memorial from 6am to 10am.