With less than a month to go for polls in the state, the BJP in Tamil Nadu promised total prohibition of alcohol and Jallikattu from next year if it comes to power.
Releasing its manifesto on Thursday, union minister Nitin Gadkari also promised a full waiver of farmers’ loans in co-operative banks in the state.
Taking a swipe at the ruling AIADMK and its arch rival DMK, he said most of the parties in Tamil Nadu are dynastic parties.
He also said the current government’s policy stating that it lacked vision for development and the state is suffering from bad economic policies and corruption.
He further criticised the TN government of being inaccessible, saying they can’t be reached over phone.
“It is difficult to contact TN Govt. They need to co-operate with us. They are not even available on phone,” said Gadkari.
Following are the highlights of the BJP manifesto:
· Total prohibition
· Jallikattu will be made possible from next year
· All loans issued by co-operative banks to farmers will be paid by the government
· New policy will be formulated to support organic farming
· Deep sea fishing will be encouraged.
· Skill developing centres will be set up in all districts
· Solar power production will be subsidized by 50 %
· Lokayukta will be set up
· New port to be set up
· State to be part of the UDAY scheme of the Centre
· Availability of electricity 24/7
· State to be power surplus in two years