1. Two directors of Advantage Strategic Consulting, a firm allegedly linked to Karti Chidambaram, have been called in for questioning by the Enforcement Directorate(ED). However, Karti has denied any connection with the said company, or denied receiving any notice from the ED.
2. A Congress MLA in the state is on the brink of moving a private bill to enforce total prohibition. The bill is expected to encourage the government to come up with a plan for total prohibition in TN, reported The New Indian Express.
3. The Madras HC has ordered the current government to ensure the Rs 179 crore facility of the Anna Centenary library will be maintained. Built by the previous DMK government, it was proposed to be shifted to another location in Nungambakkam.
4. TN CM Jayalalithaa has returned to the legislative assembly for the first time after her return as Chief Minister this May. After her return following her disqualification, Jayalalithaa skipped three sessions before turning up on Monday.
5. A four member gang has made away with Rs 70-80 lakh from a contractor’s vehicle which contained cash from 20 TASMAC shops located on the East Coast Road. The gang allegedly threatened the van’s driver when he was sitting alone in the vehicle, after which they escaped in another vehicle along with the cash.