The petition was filed by AIADMK Madurai West assembly constituency in-charge Pasumpon Pandian.

Petition seeking judicial probe into Madurai bomb attack dismissed
news Petition Thursday, January 28, 2016 - 15:49

 

In response to a petition seeking a judicial probe into the bomb attack at the office of Tamil Nadu Cooperation Minister Sellur Raju at Madurai earlier this month, a local court on Thursday dismissed it. 

The petition was filed by AIADMK Madurai West assembly constituency in-charge Pasumpon Pandian, who had sent a CD on the "lack of basic amenities" prevailing in the constituency to Chief Minister Jayalalithaa and other officials.

The petitioner claimed that he had brought to the notice of the minister the lack of basic amenities prevailing in the constituency but he had "ignored" him following which he had sent the CD.

Pandian said a judicial probe should be ordered into the bomb attack incident.

The Judicial Magistrate Pal Pandi in his order said the police investigation was in the initial stage, and there was no need to order for a judicial probe at this stage.

Some unidentified persons had on January 10 hurled a bomb at the office of Raju. However, no one was injured in the incident.

Raju had later alleged that the attack was carried out by his "political rivals".

Become a TNM Member for just Rs 999!
You can also support us with a one-time payment.