Karnataka Minister alleges attempt to ‘honey trap’ him, claims 48 persons are trapped

Minister for Cooperation KN Rajanna has alleged that 48 persons have been trapped in the scandal.
Karnataka Minister alleges attempt to ‘honey trap’ him, claims 48 persons are trapped
Written by:
Published on

In a shocking development on Thursday, March 20, Minister for Cooperation KN Rajanna alleged an attempt to “honey trap” him. The minister made this revelation in the Assembly. He further disclosed that  48 people are victims of such a scandal.

Rajanna’s remarks, which sparked a ruckus in the Assembly during the ongoing budget session, came after BJP MLA Basanagouda Patil Yatnal alleged that an attempt had been made to “honey trap” the minister. 

He then went on to say, “Many people say Karnataka has become a CD and pen drive factory. This is a serious allegation. It is being said that two influential ministers from Tumakuru have been caught in a honey trap. The ones from Tumakuru are G Parameshwara and me.”

He said that 48 people were caught in honey traps, and claimed that it was not only Karnataka’s politicians who had been trapped like this, but that leaders from across the country had been targeted. 

“I will file a complaint. The Home Minister must investigate this matter. Let the producers and directors of this be caught. Let the public know who is behind this,” Rajanna said. 

Rajanna’s remarks prompted reactions from several politicians cutting across party lines. 

Satish Jarkiholi told the media that two attempts had been made to trap one particular minister and defame the person. To a question on whether it was someone within the Congress who was trying to dislodge someone from their own party, Satish Jarkiholi said, “It is possible. That’s how low a level politics has descended to. In the past during the BJP government we have heard about such blackmail attempts. This is the first time in our party that such an attempt has been made. This should be stopped.”

Speaking to the media after the session, Rajanna said that he would demand an inquiry by a retired judge and that a Special Investigation Team would not be adequate. To question, he said, “Attempts were made, but I did not fall for it. I have nothing to be ashamed of.”

Meanwhile, Home Minister G Parameshwara said he was not aware of the issue. “We will know only when information comes to our department. There is no complaint yet. I have sought information from the department. It was only mentioned in the session today.”

Subscriber Picks

No stories found.
The News Minute
www.thenewsminute.com