Having the best study material with you always help you in cracking any competitive recruitment exam. In the context of IBPS SO recruitment exam, the important books for each section of the exam play a major role in turning your preparation into an effective one. So, it is important to compile the best books for the exam before commencing your preparation for the exam.
The best book is the one which helps you in understanding the concepts of the topic in simple language and building your base strong. At the same time offer you a plethora of questions to solve so that you can increase your speed and accuracy for the exam. Further, the opt kind of study material are the ones that are exam oriented, comprehensive and syllabus optimized. To serve you with the best study material for IBPS SO exam, we have compiled some of the best books that will surely be going to help in cracking the exam with sure-shot success.
Best Books for IBPS SO Exam
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection IBPS conducts IBPS SO exam for the post of Specialist Officer every year. This recruitment exam offers a job in various fields like IT officer, HR/Personnel Officer, Marketing Officer, Agricultural Field Officer, Law Officer and Rajbhasha Adhikari.
In order to crack this recruitment exam, you will be required to have a well-structured study plan and best study materials with you. So, now letâ€™s look at the best books for the IBPS SO recruitment exam.
First and foremost, the important thing is to know the exam pattern of the exam and the subjects for which one need to prepare for in order to grab the government job through IBPS SO recruitment exam.
Exam Pattern for Law Officer & Rajbhasha Adhikari Officer
Exam Pattern for Law Officer & Rajbhasha Adhikari Officer
For various job profiles of IBPS SO recruitment exam, a candidate needs to appear for three sections of the exam. So, if you are applying for the post of Law Officer and Rajbhasha Adhikari, you need to prepare for the English, Reasoning and General Awareness section. And for the candidate who is applying for IT Officer, Marketing Officer, Agricultural Field Officer and HR/ Personnel Officer, you need to attempt the English section, Reasoning section and Quantitative Aptitude section.
The syllabus for the English Language and Reasoning Ability are the same for all the job profiles of IBPS SO recruitment exam. But the syllabus for General Awareness and Quantitative Aptitude are different. So, it is suggested to know the syllabus of the exam first and then start with the preparation of the exam.
With complete knowledge of syllabus, having the best books with you is also important for you to clear the IBPS SO exam. Take a look at the best study material of IBPS SO below:
1. Books for General Awareness
- Lucent G.K by Dr Binay Karna and Manwendra Mukul - Being one of the best books for General Awareness Banking section, this book explains each and everything in the simplest language. Further, you get all the basic knowledge of the topics related to Economy, History, Geography, Science, and Indian Polity from this book and countless questions to solve.
- General Knowledge by Arihant Publications- To answer the questions easily, you can get all kinds of statistical data and facts in this book. Further, the ample amount of questions helps you in scoring well in this section of IBPS SO exam.
2. Books for Reasoning Ability
- Analytical Reasoning by M.K Pandey- Besides making your concepts clear of the topics of Reasoning, this book also helps you in solving a lot of practice-based questions based on the topics of non-verbal reasoning.
- Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by Dr R.S Aggarwal - You can clear your concepts of reasoning of various topics by practising hundreds of questions from this book.
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning by A.K Gupta- In order to score decent marks in this section, you need to practice a lot of questions and for that, this book provides numerous practice questions to you. Do not skip any topic from this book for practising the questions.
3. Books for the English Language
- Objective General English by S. P Bakshi- This books holds many concepts related to grammar and serves as the best platform for you to practice grammar- related questions in a constructive manner.
- High School English Grammar & Composition by Wren and Martin- A useful book to clear your concepts related to grammar and provide a good hold of the vocabulary. Read the golden rules of grammar from this section carefully and practice questions.
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis - You can boost your vocabulary power by reading this book on everyday basis and increase your chances of fetching marks in the section.
- From Plinth to Paramount by Neetu Singh- Go for this book, to improve your basics and then move ahead with the solving part of the questions from this book. Covering all the topics from the Reasoning Section, this book is a must for preparing for highly competitive banking exams.
4. Books for Quantitative Aptitude
- Magical Books on Quicker Maths by M Tyra (B.sc Publication)- This book will be going to give crystal clear understanding of the concepts and then correlation with the short tricks and formulas to each other. Solve a wide range of questions from this book!
- Kiran Publications- You must solve previous year questions papers from this book. Learn all the basic of the topics and the approach to solve the questions. Apply short tricks you have learnt from this book in solving the questions.
- Play with Advanced Maths with Abhinay Sharma- You can practice all the varieties of questions and apply short tricks provided in this book.
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Varma - You will find easy to learn shortcuts and tips in this book.
Apart from these best study material, you can invest your time in enrolling yourself in quizzes as well. It is always better to have best and important study books with you rather than a pile of useless books.
Practice previous year question papers and mock test that will help you in fetching marks in the IBPS SO exam. For more information or query regarding best books for IBPS SO exam, you can drop your comment in the comment section below.
Donâ€™t forget to download IBPS SO exam preparation app. It provides free study material, quizzes, mock test, previous year papers, and all the updates related to the exam.
This article has been produced by TNM Marquee in association with GradeUp.