It is a universally accepted fact that the globe-trotting Malayali can part with anything but their daily news updates. And not surprisingly, there will be very few homes in Kerala, where news channels are not switched on for most part of the day and night.
While the people of Kerala are high consumers of television news, it is often the the high-pitched prime-time debates and the serious stuff that pull more audiences. But the same anchors and television news presenters who moderate political debates and read out news of horrendous crimes, can also provide some hearty times for the audience.
From mixing up lines to mispronouncing words, to singing and yawning on camera, here are some videos of news presenters that are sure to crack you up.
1. What happens if you are reading out the most important news stories of the day and the script before you is empty? The show has to go on!
2. Or when a person who drowned, dies by hanging himself? (Yeah, you read that right, but the anchor obviously didn't!)
3. Mathrubhumi News channel even did a short show on the bloopers recently, compiling some of their anchors' funny presentation goof-ups. What happens when an anchor who regularly presents the morning news show is made to present an evening show? Hangover, what else!
5. Here's an old clip of television journalist Venu singing songs in the middle of a news bulletin. Who doesnâ€™t want to enjoy a good song before we proceed to listen to sports news!
6. And there are chances that a leading news anchor who is moderating a fiery debate ends up forgetting what he was talking about! Listen to Reporter TV's Nikesh Kumar asking, "Let's get back to the question I previously asked. Hold on, I forgot what I asked."
7. This News 18 reporter got hit by none other than the Arabian Sea, while he was speaking about government apathy. But, Anish knew that the show must go on!