The victim now plans to sue the Chinese company that manufactured the battery.

Video E-Cigarette battery explodes in this guys jacket and he has serious burns
news Viral Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 09:44

In a shocking incident captured on a CCTV camera, an e-cigarette battery exploded in the jacket pocket of a French nightclub owner, leaving him with serious burns.

The incident occurred on Friday outside Amine Britel’s nightclub in Toulouse, France.

According to reports, Britel, who went to the hospital with severe burns after part of his jacket melted, plans to sue the Chinese company that manufactured the battery.

“All of a sudden I heard a loud bang and a noise like a flare had gone off, only ten times louder. And after the shock of the explosion, I realised that I had caught fire. I did not really understand what was happening to me. The pain only came afterwards,” he was quoted as saying.

The Daily Mail reported that he is expected to need several weeks of treatment, and believes that the battery may have come in contact with money in his pocket which caused the blaze.

Watch the video here.

 

Show us some love and support our journalism by becoming a TNM Member - Click here.