Fortunately, no casualties were reported.

Video Dense smoke engulfs Hyderabad as fire breaks out in plastic godownImage credit: Screenshot/ Youtube
news Fire Friday, May 05, 2017 - 09:20

Mild tension prevailed at Hyderabad’s Balapur area after fire broke out in a plastic godown on Thursday. The area comes under the limits of the Pahadishareef Police Station.

At around 10am in the morning, residents staying near the godown noticed some smoke and alerted the police and the fire station.

“The godown belongs to a resident of Royal Colony named Hasham, who had earlier taken the place on lease. We expect the reason for the fire to be a short circuit. There was no casualty,” Inspector Laxmikanth Reddy told TNM.

In videos of the incident that surfaced, dense smoke can be seen coming out from the godown, as the plastic inside was burning.

“The fire was not a major one, but the smoke was dense because of the plastic items. When the fire broke out, the godown was locked and nobody was present. So, we had to break open the door and douse the fire. However, no casualties were reported. Two fire fighting tenders and a mist bullet were rushed to the spot,” a station fire officer told Deccan Chronicle.

Watch the videos here.


Last month, a major fire took place in front of the Exhibition Ground’s Ajanta Gate in Nampally, destroying nearly 60 out of the 200 huts.  

Most families staying in the slum were migrant labourers from Andhra Pradesh.

With 60 huts turned to ashes, several families lost most of their belongings, while some even lost their livelihood. The police had suspected a short circuit to be the reason for the fire. 

Read: 60 huts reduced to ashes after fire breaks out near Hyderabad’s Exhibition Ground

 

Show us some love and support our journalism by becoming a TNM Member - Click here.