The child was on a seat just above the battery which short-circuited.

Three-year-old child burnt alive on bus in Karnataka after battery short-circuitsScreengrab
news Accident Friday, September 16, 2016 - 12:21

In a tragic accident in Karnataka’s Bidar, a three-year-old child was burnt alive in a private bus going from Shirdi in Maharashtra to Hyderabad early Friday morning.

The child identified as Rehan, a resident of Hyderabad was sitting on the seat above the battery when it short-circuited, triggering a fire, police said. People from a nearby eatery came to the rescue of those stranded in the bus. Few injured among the 36 on board were taken to Humnabad government hospital.

“The whole bus was in flames and fire tenders were rushed to the spot but it was fully charred. The father of the deceased child along with all the passengers escaped unhurt as they got off the bus in time,” Bidar SP told The News Minute.

The SP said no arrests have been made in the case yet.

This is a developing story.

 

Become a TNM Member for just Rs 999!
You can also support us with a one-time payment.