1. Telangana TDP MLAs on Monday said that they would resort to fast if no decision was taken by the Assembly Speaker Madhsudanachary within a week on the status of the MLAs, who defected to ruling TRS from other parties. The MLAs presented a memorandum to the Speaker and later staged a dharna in front his chambers. Read The Hindu's report.
2. The Krishna River Management Board Working Group on Monday decided to release 4.3 TMC ft of water from Srisailam dam to meet the drinking water needs of both Telangana and AP. Accordingly it was decided to release 5,000 cusecs per day from Srisailam for 10 days to downstream Nagarjunasagar from where both states will pick up for their drinking water needs, Deccan Chronicle reports.
3. The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) on Monday re-installed the Moti Darwaza - one of the important gateways to the Golconda Fort - after the 25-feet structure had collapsed more than eight months ago. Moti Darwaza came crashing down on account of what ASI officials then described as "wear and tear". Read a Times of India report.
4. Taking suo motu notice of alleged custodial death of a woman at Asifnagar police station, the State Human Rights Commission on Monday directed Hyderabad police commissioner M Mahender Reddy, district collector and superintendent of Osmania General Hospital to submit a comprehensive report on the incident by September 11. Read a report in The New Indian Express.
5. A Division Bench of the High Court at Hyderabad comprising Acting Chief Justice D.B. Bhosale and Justice S.V.Bhatt on Monday directed the SIT constituted on encounter at Seshachalam hills to expedite the investigation and submit report to the court by two weeks. Read more.