The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has said that the Sudanese man, who has been charged for culpable homicide for killing a woman in Hesaraghatta in north Bengaluru on January 31, has been living in India with an expired visa.
The accused Mohammed Ahmed Ismail, who mowed down a local resident, Shabana Taj in Ganapathipura area in Hesaraghatta on January 31 has been living in the city with an expired visa for about two months. According the MHA His visa had expired in December 31, 2015, reported Deccan Chronicle.
â€śAhmed was issued a notice by the local police along with 750 other foreign students in Bengaluru in mid-January to leave the country immediately as their visas had expired,â€ť said an official source.
â€śHe should have applied for visa extension latest by November last year as per the visa rules, but he didn't approach the Foreigner Regional Registration Office even after his visa had expired," the source added.
Another officer on condition of anonymity said that in order to extend their stay here, foreigners disappear from their locations, changed cities which can delay deportation. They also indulge in crimes that lead to arrest, which ensures their stay in the host country, reported Deccan Chronicle.
This is an aggregated report from Deccan Chronicle