Instant photo messaging app Snapchat’s parent company Snap has launched a new game platform, Snap Games in San Francisco. The games on this platform are hosted by a clutch of game developers in different genre and will facilitate multi-player formats. The gaming companies associated with Snap Games are Game Closure, PikPok, Spry Fox, Zeptolab, and Zynga. Some games are from inhouse, developed by Snap Inc.
The company has released an outline of the games immediately available on its platform as below:
● Bitmoji Party developed by Snap Inc. features four games within; Pool Party, Kick Off, Spin Session, and Zombie Escape. These are offered in 3D with your Bitmojis.
● Alphabear Hustle, a cooperative word game developed by Spry Fox. Its fast-paced and has some twists. You can join with your friends to spell words, collect cute bears, and even build your own personal bear village.
● C.A.T.S. (Crash Arena Turbo Stars) Drift Race is an offering from ZeptoLab and is a multiplayer racing game. Up to 6 players can use boosters scattered along the track to race faster, or to slow down opponents. You can collect new vehicles too from the C.A.T.S. universe.
● Snake Squad is being described as a battle-royale game and has been developed by Game Closure. Choose your favourite avatar to go into battle and guide your snake around the battlefield with your squad to grow larger to eliminate your competition.
● Tiny Royale & Zombie Rescue Squad are two more games you can get to play on the Snap Games platform. The developers of these two games are Zynga and PikPok respectively. Tiny Royale™ is a fast, fun top-down battle royale game while Zombie Rescue Squad lets you gather your friends to enter the front lines of the zombie apocalypse. Rescue survivors from the hungry hordes and gather as many supplies as you can.
Snapchatters get direct access to Snap Games from Snapchat. There will be in-game purchases to enable the game developers to monetize their creations. You will see advertisements as well.