The News Minute | February 6, 2015 | 9:46pm IST
Paris : The filming of movie action sequences in Paris has been restricted by authorities following last month's attacks in the French capital.
"There is a problem with these action-type scenes, as the actors in uniform could be targets for terrorists," BBC quoted police commander Sylvie Barnaud as saying.
"Also, the actors could pose confusion for the general public -- during this highly sensitive period."
She said the use of fake weapons and pyrotechnic effects were also banned.
Tensions remain high following the attacks in January, which left 20 people dead, including three gunmen.
Armed police and soldiers continue to guard sensitive sites, including synagogues, media offices and large shopping areas.
Barnaud said she did not know how long the filming ban could last, but added that it was common sense: "I was shocked to hear witnesses of the Charlie Hebdo attacks said on television 'it seemed like a movie shoot to us'."
Paris is a popular destination for film-makers, with its wide boulevards and dramatic landmarks such as the Eiffel Tower and Louvre pyramid.
Official statistics provided by city authorities showed there were 930 film shoots in Paris last year, including approximately 20 international productions.