The film is slated to hit the screens on March 2.

Second teaser of Ranam goes viral
Flix Entertainment Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 17:55

The second teaser of Ranam, which was released recently, has gone viral. Within a few days of its release online, the teaser managed to get over one million views, making it clear that movie buffs are eagerly awaiting the film’s release. Interestingly, the first teaser of the film, which was released earlier, also managed to get the same response. It may be noted here that the first teaser of Ranam was released on 3rd February 2018.

Touted to be an action entertainer set in the US, Ranam is all about the gang wars among the Tamil community in Detroit. The film is about its lead, played by Prithviraj, getting in to the criminal gang as its getaway driver unwittingly.

Directed by Nirmal Sahadev, Ranam was earlier titled Detroit Crossing, but was eventually changed. The film is bankrolled by Anand Payannur and Lawson Biju under the banners Yes Cinema Production and Lawson Entertainment. While Prithviraj Sukumaran plays the lead, the star cast also includes Rahman, Nandhu and Shyamaprasad in pivotal roles with Isha Talwar playing the female lead.

The technical crew of Ranam includes Jakes Bejoy who is composing the tunes and Jigme Tenzing who is cranking the camera. The shooting of Ranam kick started in Atlanta last year and was shot extensively in Augusta, Georgia and Detroit where the team camped to shoot the remaining portions.

According to sources, Christian Brunetti, who was the stunt master in famous web series like House of Cards and Murder Calls, will work in Ranam, also titled Detroit Crossing in other languages.  Over 90 per cent of the film was filmed in the United States as the story is set there and the remaining 10 percent was shot in Kerala.

Ranam is slated to hit the silver screens on March 2nd and the team is currently busy with the promos.

Watch the teaser here 

(Content provided by Digital Native)

Become a TNM Member for just Rs 999!
You can also support us with a one-time payment.