As a result of heavy rainfall in several districts in Kerala and Nilgiris in Tamil Nadu, train services have been affected.
As per a statement issued by the Railways, due to the heavy rains and consequent waterlogging / landslides in Mumbai Division, train services have been fully cancelled / partially cancelled / diverted as detailed below.
Trains fully cancelled
- Train No.12218 Chandigarh – Kochuveli Kerala Sampark Kranti express, scheduled to leave Chandigarh on 09.08.2019, is fully cancelled.
- Ernakulam -Alappuzha and Alappuzha- Ernakulam trains have been cancelled.
- Passenger trains running between Ernakulam and Kayamkulam, MEMU trains in Kollam-Ernakulam route (both via Alappuzha and Kottayam) have been cancelled.
Trains partially cancelled
- Train No.16352 Nagercoil – Mumbai CSMT express of 08.08.2019 is partially cancelled between Daund – Mumbai CSMT.
- Train No.16339 Mumbai CSMT – Nagercoil express of 08, 09 & 11 August, 2019 is partially cancelled between Mumbai CSMT – Daund.
- Train No.16340 Nagercoil – Mumbai CSMT express of 09.08.2019 is partially cancelled between Daund – Mumbai CSMT.
- Train No.16351 Mumbai CSMT – Nagercoil express of 10.08.2019 is partially cancelled between Mumbai CSMT – Daund.
- Train No.16332 Thiruvananthapuram – Mumbai CSMT express of 10.08.2019 is partially cancelled between Daund – Mumbai CSMT.
- Train No.22150 Pune – Ernakulam express, scheduled to leave Pune on 11.08.2019 is partially cancelled between Pune – Panvel.
- Train No.13351 Dhanbad – Alappuzha express of 06, 07 & 08 August, 2019 has been diverted via Sambalpur, Angul, Khurda Road, Palasa and Vizianagaram.
- Train No.13352 Alappuzha – Dhanbad express of 07 & 08 August, 2019 has been diverted via Vizianagaram, Khurda Road, Angul and Sambalpur.
- Train No.22838 Ernakulam – Hatia express of 08.08.2019 has been diverted via Vizianagaram, Khurda Road, Angul and Sambalpur.
- Nagercoil-Mangalapuram Eranad Express, Guruvayur-Thiruvananthapuram Intercity Express, Bangalore-Kochuveli Express and Thiruvananthapuram-Kozhikode Janasatabthi Express have been diverted via Kottayam.
A tree has fallen between Alappuzha and Mararikkulam affecting trains on the route. Trains which are running late are 16127 Guruvayur Express, 16603 Maveli Express, 13351 Dhanbad Express and 12432 Rajdhani Express.