Michel Tuor, a spokesperson for the Federal Finance Ministry said today he was surprised to read reports in the Indian media

news Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 05:30
The News Minute| Bern| June 23, 2014|  The Swiss government is not preparing any new lists of Indians with illegal accounts in Switzerland, Swiss officials have told The News Minute (TNM). Mario Tuor, a spokesperson for the Federal Finance Ministry said today he was surprised to read reports in the Indian media to the effect that Switzerland was “readying a list” to hand over to the Indian government and the newly-set up Special Investigating Team (SIT). “We don’t know what they are talking about, “he said.  News reports in India on Sunday stated that Swiss authorities had been in touch with SIT and India was on the verge of receiving names of people who had stashed their assets illegally in banks in the Alpine country.  It may be recalled that the Federal Finance Ministry of Switzerland told TNM on June 2, 2014 that names of some Indians involved in tax-evasion or tax-fraud had already been handed over to the Indian government. These were not from the stolen HSBC list.  This exchange had taken place with the last government, not the current one. At that point Swiss authorities had also said they were aware of the formation of the SIT and looked forward to cooperating with the new dispensation. To date, there has been no contact between the new Indian government and Swiss authorities on this matter.  Read- Swiss List: Why Modi Government Has To Be Careful About Wish Lists and Hit Lists Read our story - Swiss Accounts- India has some names. 
Become a TNM Member for just Rs 999!
You can also support us with a one-time payment.