As many parts of Karnataka and neighbouring states are affected by incessant rains and resultant floods and landslides, rail transport in the Sakleshpur- Subramanya Road Ghat section has been hit adversely which will lead to cancellations of trains till August 23.
Based on a warning by the Karnataka state government, South Western Railways has moved all e-railway staff and labourers engaged in clearing debris and upkeep of the track, from the ghat section.They have been lodged at Subramanya Road railway station until further advice.
Railway officials said there has been unprecedented rainfall in the section. In fact, the rainfall in Sakleshpur- Subramanya Road is almost double that of last year's cumulative rainfall, and the section between Subramanya Road and Donigal has become vulnerable as a result.
The following trains will remain cancelled till 23rd August 2019:
1. Train No.16515 Yesvantpur-Karwar express journey commencing on 12/8, 14/8, 16/8, 19/8, 21/8 and 23/8 is fully cancelled.
2. Train No.16516 Karwar- Yesvantpur express journey commencing from 13/8, 15/08,17/8, 20/8 and 22/8 is fully cancelled.
3. Train No.16511/16513 KSR Bengaluru to Kannur/Karwar express journey commencing on 14/8,15/8,16/8,17/8,21/8 and 22/8 is fully cancelled.
4. Train No.16517/16523 KSR Bengaluru to Kannur/Karwar via Mysuru journey commencing on 11/8,12/8,13/8,18/8,19/8 and 20/8 is fully cancelled.
5. Train No.16512/16514 Kannur/Karwar to KSR Bengaluru express journey commencing on 11/8,12/8,13/8,14/8,18/8,19/8,
6. Train No.16518/16524 Kannur/Karwar to KSR Bengaluru via Mysuru express journey commencing on 15/8,16/8,17/8 and 22/8 is fully cancelled.
7. Train No.16575 Yesvantpur to Mangaluru Jn express journey commencing on 13/8,15/8,18/8,20/8 and 22/8 is fully cancelled.
8. Train no.16576 Mangaluru Jn to Yesvantpur express journey commencing on 12/8,14/8,16/8,19/8,21/8 and 23/8 is fully cancelled.
9. Train No.16585 Yesvantpur to Mangaluru Central express journey commencing on 11/8,13/8,15/8,18/8,20/8 and 22/8 is fully cancelled.
10. Train No.16586 Yesvantpur to Mangaluru Central express journey commencing on 12/8,14/8,16/8,19/8,21/8 and 23/8 is fully cancelled.
Other than these, some trains have been cancelled due to heavy downpour and consequent water flowing above tracks at several locations between Kumsi and Talaguppa railway stations in Shivamogga – Talaguppa section of Mysuru Division.
Read: Karnataka floods: Full list of trains and buses cancelled or diverted on Saturday