Around nine people were injured on Saturday after an LPG cylinder blast at Hanuman Tiffin Centre in Andhra's Krishna district.
The incident occurred at Nandigama, and police and fire personnel rushed to the spot.
The injured were shifted to nearby hospitals.
The incident happened at around 10.30am in the morning, and saw people run out of the tiffin centre, due to the unexpected sound.
The New Indian Express reported that the cap of the cylinder opened, as one of the workers at the tiffin centre was changing it, which led to the fire and the blast.
Most of those who were injured, were employees of the centre, and were rushed to the hospitals by 12pm.
The TNIE report adds that three people suffered 65-70% burn injuries, and were critical.
Locals said that the tiffin centre was at the spot for many years, and was famous in the area.
Officials visited the spot, and checked all the other gas cylinders that the centre was using. The area was cordoned off for a little while after the incident.
The police have registered a case and further investigation is on.
‚ÄúTraders should not use the domestic cylinders the commercial purposes. But, the tiffin centre owner used the domestic cylinder for cooking and as a result the cylinder blast took place. Luckily, there were no casualties,‚ÄĚ the police was quoted as saying.
Just last month, a lorry carrying more than 300 LPG cylinders caught fire, resulting in more than 200 cylinders exploding near Gudilova in Visakhapatnam district.
According to reports, the incident happened after midnight, and the driver and cleaner fled from the vehicle after they noticed some sparks.
No one was injured in the incident, but cylinders kept exploding through the night.