The police have informed a metropolitan magistrate court that no cognizable offence was made out against him, reported Firstpost.

Mumbai police gives Shah Rukh Khan a clean chit in Wankhede Stadium brawl
news Wankhede Brawl Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 15:41

Nearly five years after Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan was involved in a brawl at the Wankhede stadium in Mumbai following an IPL match, the Mumbai police have given him a clean chit.

The police have informed a metropolitan magistrate court that no cognizable offence was made out against him, reported Firstpost.

Amit Maru, a local activist had filed the complaint alleging that the actor had abused the security guard of the stadium.

In its report submitted to the court, the Mumbai police said that the actor had denied the allegations. 

Khan had told the police that the brawl started after he had entered the field with his children and their friends. It was then Vikas Dalvi, the security guard at Wankhede Stadium had asked them to leave.

The star also informed the police that he got angry after someone had used abusive language.

Following the brawl, Vilasrao Desmukh, then president of the Mumbai Cricket Association had imposed a five-year-ban on Khan. It was, however, lifted last year.

Shah Rukh Khan also alleged that Amit Maru had filed the complaint for publicity. In his statement, the actor said that the activist had filed a petition against him at the High Court in 2008, but the verdict went in his favour.

Become a TNM Member for just Rs 999!

You can also support us with a one-time payment.

Rs 200Rs 500Rs 1500Custom