The Hyderabad High Court on Tuesday directed the Telangana government to submit all relevant records surrounding the Miyapur land scam, along with action taken by it, to the bench by next week.
The court was dealing with a PIL filed by BJP leader Raghunandan Rao, who demanded a CBI probe into the scam.
In the last week of May, the Hyderabad police unearthed a massive land scam, following the arrest of the Kukatpally sub-registrar, which revealed the alleged illegal transfer of several hundred acres of government land to individuals.
According to reports, the government told the court that the officers concerned have been suspended and the police have registered cases.
However, the court asked for details like who sold the lands, who purchased them, and how much money changed hands, and asked the state to file a report.
The case was adjourned to August 1.
Sub-registrar R Srinivasa Rao, along with PS Parthasarathi and PVS Sharma, directors of two firms, were the chief accused in the scam.
The police said that Srinivasa Rao had illegally aided the transfer of land, from the state government, to Sharma and Parthasarathi, which resulted in a loss of over Rs 500 crore to the state's exchequer.
The Congress and the BJP have demanded a thorough CBI probe into the scam, claiming that the state's CID would not do a fair job.
However, Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao has refused to listen to the demand of opposition parties in the state.
He also claimed that not one-rupee or one square yard of land was reported as losses to the government.
‚ÄúRegistrations of fixed assets should be registered in register number 1, whereas irregular registrations were reported in register number 4 where only movable assets will be listed. If all private citizens want ownership, they would have to pay Rs 415 crore as registration fee whereas they paid only Rs 60 lakh. This clarifies that there was no change of ownership of government land," he was quoted as saying.