A minor fire broke out on Sunday morning in the domestic departure area at the Chennai airport, but no one was injured.
The fire, which occurred near an exhaust fan, is suspected to have been caused by a short circuit, airport officials said, adding that firefighters immediately doused the fire.
Nobody was injured in the incident, they said.
In the past, the Chennai airport has reoportedly witnessed 63 incidents of its glass panels collapsing. Around 13 people have been injured in these incidents.
The NHRC had in April issued notices to the Union Civil Aviation Ministry and the Airport Authority of India.
The domestic terminal was inaugurated in 2013.