At least 26 students were hospitalised, after eating a mid-day meal at a school in Nagula Malyala village in Telangana's Karimnagar district on Thursday.
They were rushed to the hospital after complaining of stomach ache and vomiting.
Around 67 students were reported to have been served the meal at the Government Primary School. A few hours later, around 26 students started vomiting, and showing symptoms of food poisoning.
Mandal educational officer Chukka Reddy told The Hindu that the students had been taken to Government Headquarters Hospital in Karimnagar town, out of which three students continued to complain of vomiting.
However, the condition of the other students, is said to be stable.
Reddy also told The Hindu that the cause of the food poisoning could be the tomato curry which was allegedly made with some rotten tomatoes.
Meanwhile, a food inspector who visited the school, has collected samples of the food for testing.
Last year in December, around 19 students of the National Institute of Technology in Warangal were hospitalised after suspected food poisoning, when they ate food at a restaurant near their campus.
Another incident took place in Warangal last year, when 30 nursing students of MGM School of Nursing complained about food poisoning after consuming hostel food.