Mabel Chako, Co-founder and COO at Open Financial Technologies has won the Woman Leader in Fintech at the India FinTech Awards (IFTA) presented by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and organised by India FinTech Forum. At the same event, Harshil Mathur, Founder and CEO of Razorpay was awarded ‘Fintech Leader of the Year’.
Twenty-three fintech startups from the US, New Zealand, Hungary, Israel, Singapore and India were shortlisted from 400+ applications and presented their product innovations in front of a Panel of Judges. Valocity Global from New Zealand won the Fintech Startup of the Year trophy. As part of the award, Valocity Global will get an opportunity to be a part of Paris Fintech Forum, the most exclusive European event on digital finance.
Mabel Chacko, Co-founder and COO at Open Financial Technologies won Woman Leader at IFTA 2019 said, “I am honoured to win the Woman Leader in Fintech award at IFTA 2019. A lot of great conversations happened during India FinTech Awards that brought together different perspectives on all the latest developments in fintech.”
Harshil Mathur, CEO and Founder, Razorpay said, "Our technology and our team is what we trust in the most. This recognition by IFTA is a sign that our efforts in revolutionising the financial ecosystem are in the right direction. I would like to thank IFTA for a well-organised forum - it was a great evening and extend my congratulations to all the winners and participants".
The forum also awarded rising fintech companies. CreditOn, Neener Analytics and Vested Finance were the three startups to be awarded the Fintech Rising Star trophies
“I was mighty impressed with the depth and the quality of young companies presenting at IFTA 2019. Fintech is now better understood and there's always a risk that such events become a rehash of what worked yesterday. In that respect I would say that IFTA 2019 was very refreshing and it will make me want to come back for IFTA 2020,” Rajeev Ahuja, Executive Director, RBL Bank and a member of the IFTA Panel of Judges said.
Category Award Winners at IFTA 2019:
● Best International Startup in India: AngelList India, India
● Best Global Fintech Hub: F10 Fintech Incubator and Accelerator, Switzerland
● Most Innovative Bank of the Year: Kotak Mahindra Bank, India
● Financial Inclusion Initiative of the Year: Stellapps, India
● Most Innovative Payment Startup: Razorpay, India
● Most Innovative Lending Startup:Paisabazaar.com, India
● Best AI Startup: CreditVidya, India
● Best Use of Blockchain in Financial Services: MyEarth.ID, India
● RegTech Startup of the Year: Nexus Asia, India
● Best Innovation in Wealth Management: smallcase Technologies, India
● Best Technology Company for Fintech Solutions: Synapse, USA
● Proptech Startup of the Year: NoBroker.com, India
● Most Innovative Fintech Product: Razorpay, India
● Woman Leader in Fintech: Mabel Chako, Co-founder and COO at Open Financial Technologies
● Fintech Leader of the Year: Harshil Mathur, CEO and Founder at Razorpay
● Fintech Rising Star: Neener Analytics, USA
● Fintech Rising Star: CreditOn, India
● Fintech Rising Star: Vested Finance, USA
● Fintech Scaleup of the Year: Indy, India
● Fintech Startup of the Year: Valocity Global, New Zealand