An Ayurvedic doctor who had been in coma for the last nine years after testing a medicine by consuming it, died at his house in Kochi.
Dr PA Baiju, 46, had taken a Kashayam (Ayurvedic medicine).
In 2007, the doctor had prescribed this medicine to a woman patient. She fainted after consuming it and her relatives informed the doctor about the medicine.
PTI reports that the doctor asked the patientâ€™s relatives to bring the medicine and to convince them he consumed it in front of them. Thereafter, he fainted and gradually went into coma.
Dr Baiju was the Medical Officer at the Government Ayurvedic Dispensary at Bison Valley in Idukki district. He had prescribed the medicine for an orthopeadic problem.
The report also says that according to Baijuâ€™s brother, a case was going on in a district court against the woman's husband who allegedly poisoned his wife's medicine with a highly potent pesticide.
Though the womanâ€™s husband was arrested, not much progress has been made in the case.