Karnataka is currently reeling under floods, with 12 districts in northwest and coastal parts of the state affected. So far, 1,24,291 people have been evacuated, at least nine deaths have been reported and several people have been injured in 12 northwest and coastal districts of the state.
The affected districts are Belagavi, Bagalkot, Bijapur (Vijayapura), Raichur and Yadigir in the northwest region and Uttara Kannada, Dakshina Kannada, Kodagu and Udupi in the coastal area and Chikkamagaluru, Hassan and Shivamogga in the Malnad region in the central parts of the state.
Multiple rescue efforts are in place for those affected by the flooding. Here are some links to Karnataka flood relief initiatives and addresses where people can donate funds and supplies and help those affected:
The Chief Ministerâ€™s Relief Fund
Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa has asked for funds to tide over the crisis.
To contribute, people can transfer funds to:
Chief Minister Relief Fund Natural Calamity
Account No.: 37887098605
IFSC code: SBIN0040277
Bank: State Bank of India, Vidhana Soudha Branch
MICR Code: 560006043
Request all citizens to lend a helping hand to the people in distress due to floods in the State by contributing generously to the Chief Minister's Relief Fund - Natural Calamity #CMRF #KarnatakaFloods #NorthKarnatakaFloods pic.twitter.com/KtMSfBaf2yâ€” CM of Karnataka (@CMofKarnataka) August 8, 2019
The Chief Minister's office is also accepting online donations. Click here to donate.
The Chief Minister's Relief Fund for Karnataka now has an online link for donations. So please click on this link to donate, the govt has made donation easier. @BSYBJP. @CMofKarnataka #KarnatakaFloods https://t.co/xw5UAxlfm5â€” Dhanya Rajendran (@dhanyarajendran) August 16, 2019
Relief materials required
1. Mysuru City Corporation has set up a collection centre at the town hall for handing over flood relief materials. For more information, contact 0821-2440890.
2. BJP MP Tejasvi Surya has also shared the details of a collection centre that his office is helping coordinate. Relief materials required include clothes, warmers, bedsheets, rice and pulses, wheat flour, dry food, etc. This collection drive has eight drop-off points in Bengaluru. Details below:
Dear Friends,â€” Tejasvi Surya (@Tejasvi_Surya) August 8, 2019
North Karnataka is reeling under floods. People are in need of help. Our office is helping coordinate relief materials in Bangalore South.
Please find the contact numbers and get in touch to do your bit.
Thank you! pic.twitter.com/5pdpusIEEy
3. Personalities from the Kannada film industry have also come forward to do their bit. Actor Rakshit Shetty's Paramvah Studios is also aiding the relief efforts and has set up a collection centre in Nagadevanahalli in Bengaluru. Contributions will be collected up until Saturday, August 10. Food, medicines, clothing and other essentials are being collected. For further details, those looking to contribute or volunteer can contact 8105838385 or 9035644647.
We at @ParamvahStudios are arranging the collection and supply of relief materials to flood affected places in Karnataka. Kindly join our cause by making your contribution | Details are in the post. #KarnatakaFloods pic.twitter.com/5XZoCg7yJPâ€” Rakshit Shetty (@rakshitshetty) August 8, 2019
4. Taking to social media, actor Shwetha R Prasad announced a collection point for flood relief materials that will be set up on Saturday and Sunday at Munivenkatappa Auditorium in Bengaluru's Rajarajeshwari Nagar. Those willing to volunteer have been asked to reach the venue by 10 in the morning.
Address 1: RR Nagar Munivenkatappa Ground, Ideal Homes
Address 2: Padmanabhanagar, #92, 22nd Main, 12th A Cross, Raghavendra Layout, Padmanabhanagar, Bangalore 560070
Timings: Saturday and Sunday from 10 am to 7pm
List of materials required: Sweaters, blankets, raincoats, umbrellas, waterproof shoes/slippers
Food: Rice, dal, pulses, milk powder, good life milk, baby food, sugar and salt, puffed rice
Medicines: Paracetamol, mosquito repellant, sanitary napkins and diapers, Dettol
Other supplies: Soaps, shampoos, toothpaste/brush, batteries, matchbox, torchlight
Contact: Suhas at 9481645189
5. Letâ€™s Do It Mysore, a citizen's group in Mysuru, has dispatched one round of flood relief materials and is inviting more donations of clothes, blankets, towels, bedsheets, torches, candles etc. Relief materials can be sent to â€” Let's do it! Mysuru, C/o Safe Wheels, CH 16, 4th Main, 5th Cross, Saraswathipuram, Mysuru - 570015.
For bank transfers:
Account name: Lets Do It Mysore
Account number: 4250000100084473
Bank: Punjab National Bank, Saraswatipuram
IFSC code: PUNB0425000
Donations are exempt under Section 80G of the IT Act.
6. Karnataka Red Cross has set up a collection point in Bengaluru, and are also accepting bank transfers. Donation accepted include life jackets, mosquito sets, clothes, umbrellas, raincoats, towels, torches and tarpaulin sheets.
Bengaluru collection point: No 26, Red Cross Bhavan, 1st Floor, Race Course Road.
Contact information: Phone: 080-22264205, 223552127
Mr. Dilip, Media In-Charge: 9538330511
Account Name: Indian Red Cross Society Relief Account
Bank Name: Vijaya Bank, Gandhinagar Branch
A/c no.: 181500301000273
IFSC code: VIJB0001815
Donations are exempt under Section 80G of the IT Act.
Indian Red Cross Society, @ircskarnataka is appealing to the public, NGOs, donors and philanthropists for the noble cause of helping these victims by their generous assistance.#KarnatakaFloods #BelagaviRains #donation #RedCross pic.twitter.com/D6n6QBtuWHâ€” Karnataka Red Cross (@ircskarnataka) August 8, 2019
7. Way for Life NGO has set up 19 collection centres across Bengaluru for flood relief. Individual areas and contact details are below:
8. Durga Prasad, an individual, has started a campaign on Ketto with an aim to crowdfund Rs 10 lakh in order to buy food supplies, tents, plastic sheets (for temporary shelter) and medicines. Find the link here.
9. A group of people from North Karnataka has started an initiative on Milaap to help the victims of the floods in the area. The funds will be used to provide basic supplies to flood victims in Belagavi, Bagalkot, Raichur, Hubli, Dharwad and Yadgir districts. In addition to the relief works, the funds will be used for rehabilitation efforts. Find the campaign here.