Four students who tried to save here also sustained burns.

I-Day tragedy Telangana teacher electrocuted while erecting flag pole Image for representation/PTI photo
news Accident Monday, August 15, 2016 - 12:09

A teacher died on Sunday and four students were seriously injured when they received an electric shock while preparing for the Independence Day function in their school in Telangana, police said.

The incident occurred in a government-run school in Medikonda village in Koduru mandal of Ranga Reddy district, near here.

The teacher Prabhavati and the students were preparing for the Independence Day function for Monday. She was rehearsing flag hoisting when a live electric wire fell on the iron flagpole. She was electrocuted when she came in contact with the pole.

Four children, who tried to save her, sustained critical injuries and were taken to hospital in Vikarabad for treatment. According to a report in The New Indian Express, the students’ condition is stable. Villagers also came in huge numbers to the hospital to pay their last respects to Prabhavati.  

 

(With IANS inputs)

Become a TNM Member for just Rs 999!
You can also support us with a one-time payment.