Sujeeth was studying in Class 9 in a private school when he had run away to Mumbai. He was working there under a catering contractor.

Hyderabad man who ran away at 15 finally reunited with family thanks to Facebook
news Human interest Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 13:08

The Rachakonda police on Tuesday traced a boy, who had gone missing seven years ago from his home in Moula Ali in Hyderabad. The boy had run away from home in 2011 and was located in Mumbai.

According to reports, the boy, Sujeeth Kumar Jha, who hailed from Madhuban district in Bihar, was living with his brother-in-law Ajith Kumar at Moula Ali area in Malkajgiri.  A complaint was filed by Ajith in January 2011 the day he went missing.

“One day, Sujeeth suddenly left home and did not return. After searching for him, I lodged a complaint with the Malkajgiri police. I was feeling very guilty that the boy went missing because I had forcibly brought him to the city to provide him a good education and I was answerable to his parents,” Ajith told Deccan Chronicle.

Sujeeth was studying in Class 9 in a private school when he had run away to Mumbai. He was working there under a catering contractor. 

Basing on the contents of Ajith’s petition, the Inspector of Police, Malkajgiri, had registered a missing case and took up the investigation after putting due efforts to trace the boy. In October 2011, they submitted a final report.   

Years later, Ajith Kumar came across the Sujeeth’s profile on Facebook with a similar nickname and sent him a friend request. Sujeeth was reluctant to accept the request and changed his username, the police said.

The brother-in-law soon approached the Malkajgiri Police and informed them about the boy’s presence on social media. Based on the information, the Malkajgiri police approached the Cyber Crime wing for technical assistance in tracking Sujeeth through Facebook.

After putting in days of effort, a team headed by Inspector D Jalender Reddy traced Sujeeth to Majgaon in Mumbai. The team travelled to the state and picked up the boy, who is presently 23 years old, and brought him back to Hyderabad. 

"Sujeeth was later handed over to the Malkajgiri police for further procedures. When they were informed, the excitement and happiness of his parents and relatives knew no bounds," the Rachakonda Police said. 


Become a TNM Member for just Rs 999!
You can also support us with a one-time payment.