Features Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 05:30
The News Minute| November 21, 2104| 10.00 am IST Indians, who feel their country is still a victim of social stigma and stereotypes when ‘sex’ is concerned, can feel a little better as a new survey has shown that the market for intimate personal products is growing in the country. Thatspersonal.com, a website which offers 100% discreet sales of products ranging from condoms to edible underwear has come out with a report on its sales patterns throughout the country. According to the report, men from Hyderabad buy the most number of this.  While Gujarati women are keen on... well... The adult card games. Men contribute to 60% of the sales while woman contribute to the rest with 40%. The western part of the country leads the sales with 36%,  followed by the south at 31%. The north is steadily increasing with 26% while the east only contributes a meager 7% to the sales. The North Indians enjoy their edible lingerie while the south has a high demand for edible body paint. Men mostly buy condoms while women buy more 'fun' stuff. Although Mumbai, Bengaluru and Delhi contribute to more than 1/3rd of the sales, smaller cities like Baroda surprisingly have the highest women buyers. The research also shows that the age group of 25-34 was the most active beating teenagers between 18 and 24. Condoms top the overall sales list with 30% of the men and 14% of the women buying them followed by lubes and fun stuff reflecting that the country is practicing safe sex.
Become a TNM Member for just Rs 999!
You can also support us with a one-time payment.