Four killed in fireworks unit blaze in Tamil Nadu
news Wednesday, November 26, 2014 - 05:30
The News Minute| May 29, 2014 | 6:00 PM IST Four people, including a woman and a school girl, were killed in a fire which engulfed a fireworks unit in Tamil Nadu's Coimbatore after an accidental blast on Thursday, police said. According to police, the accident happened when a cooking gas cylinder exploded in a house next to the fireworks unit in Pollachi, near Coimbatore, around 510 km from here and the resultant fire spread to it. Police said those killed were making crackers when the accident happened. Several houses were also damaged due to the fire. The fireworks unit was found to be functioning without a proper licence.
Show us some love! Support our journalism by becoming a TNM Member - Click here.