"My brother liked alcohol, but these people made sure he drank all the time. How is it that he was poisoned by methyl alcohol and no one else who drank with him was affected?" asked Ramakrishnan, brother of deceased actor Kalabhavan Mani on Asianet's Newshour.
Soon after these explosive allegations were made by the actor's brother, police took three of Kalabhavan Mani's staff for questioning. This included Vipin, Murugan and Arun, staff members who were allegedly present on the night he consumed liquor and fell sick.
"These people had become permanent features in my brother's house. Why did they clean the place after the incident?" asked Ramakrishnan.
Kalabhavan Mani passed away on March 6 at the Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences (AIMS) in Kochi.
A doctor on the same news program commented that methyl alcohol could have come as a result of intentional poisoning or from spurious liquor. But maintained that it was important to know the quantity of the chemical to decide what the origin was.