Five-year-old boy kidnapped by relatives in Telangana rescued within 24 hours

The five-year-old boy had stepped out to buy oil and matchbox on Deepavali night when he went missing.
P Gautham
P Gautham
Written by :

Suryapet police on Sunday rescued a five-year-old kidnapped on Saturday Deepavali night by unidentified persons. The boy identified as P Gautam had stepped out to buy some oil and matchbox for a nearby shop for Deepavali celebrations some time past 7.30 pm but did not return home. 

The kidnapping was reported from Bhagat Singh Nagar of Suryapet district. The boy’s parents, Mahesh and Nagalekshmi, had asked the boy to get some oil and matchbox from a nearby shop. When the boy did not return, Nagalekshmi went in search of her son, first to the shop she had sent him. The mother found her son’s bicycle parked in front of the shop but with no signs of the boy. 

The child’s parents immediately reached out to the Suryapet one town police station filing a missing person complaint. Police reached the scene and began questioning the shop owner and other locals. The CCTV footage from the shop and nearby areas was also collected and examined but no clues could be found as to the whereabouts of the missing child. 

On Sunday by 9 am, the owner of a tailoring shop near the boy’s residence received an anonymous call. The call was from a man who claimed that the boy was in his custody. The shop owner immediately alerted the police and shared call details. The police using the caller details traced the five-year-old to two of the boy’s relatives. Police have arrested the two persons and booked the duo on charges of kidnapping.

Earlier this month, a dentist from Rajendranagar, Behtaj Hussain was kidnapped and later rescued by the police in Hyderabad. He was kidnapped from his house on October 27, and the kidnappers had demanded Rs 1 crore as ransom. Police arrested 12 suspects in connection with the case and rescued the man. The mastermind in this kidnapping case was later found to be the doctor’s own brother-in-law. The doctor, after being rescued, passed away due to cardiac arrest on November 11. 

Related Stories

No stories found.
The News Minute