The Kerala High Court granted interim bail to filmmaker Rosshan Andrrews on Wednesday, in connection with the case against him by Producer Alwin Antony. Alwin Antony has alleged that Rosshan attacked him and his family at his house. Speaking to TNM, Rosshan Andrews confirmed that he had indeed received the interim bail to seek time to apply for an anticipatory bail.
The High Court also sought the opinion of the Kerala government regarding granting of anticipatory bail to the director.
On Sunday, Ernakulam town south police station received two complaints – one from director Rosshan Andrrews and the other from producer Alwin Antony. Alwin alleged that Rosshan Andrrews had attacked him and his family and a doctor friend in his house in Panampilly Nagar, Ernakulam.
Meanwhile Rosshan in his complaint stated that he and his friend Nawaz had visited Alwin’s house, where Alwin attacked the duo.
According to Alwin, Rosshan and Nawaz threatened his child and his friend, in the wee hours of Saturday.
Contradicting Alwin’s statement, Rosshan said that Nawaz and him had gone to Alwin’s house to confront him about a smear campaign that was allegedly being run by Alwin’s son Allwyn John. Allwyn had had worked with Rosshan in films like How old are you?, and had been recently fired by Rosshan because he allegedly indulged in substance abuse. The director also claimed that Alwin Antony had attacked him and his friend Nawaz, when the duo questioned them about the smear campaign.
Meanwhile the Kerala Film Producers council has announced that anyone who wished to do a film with Rosshan Andrrews must first seek permission from the council, in light of recent events. Producer and secretary of the association G Sureskumar told TNM there has not been a ban on the director as some reports suggested.
“This is in context of the complaint given by producer Alwin Antony, that Rosshan has attacked him and his family at their home,” Sureshkumar added.
Alwin has also approached the DGP regarding the case.