1. Chennai Super Kings has challenged its two year suspension from IPL in the Madras HC following an earlier decision by the Justice Lodha committee. Stating that while those involved in betting had been let off, CSK's petition stated that cricketers in a contract with the team and its fans were left to suffer instead.
2. A 13 year-old boy was forced to perform sit-ups as punishment after he allegedly stole a chocolate bar in a Puzhal supermarket. The owner of the supermarket was later arrested after a photo of the child being punished was circulated on Whatsapp.
3. A Russian firm, nuclear equipment supplier OMZ Izhorshkiye Zavody has entered into a deal over the production of Unit 3 reactor at Kudankulam. According to Times of India, since construction has already been initiated, without the go-ahead with this deal, commissioning could only start by 2021.
4. Around 700 to 800 employees belonging to the Renault-Nissan plant near Chennai have been laid off after downsizing. Nissan India officials confirmed that there was a slight reduction in employee size in recent times.
5. A lady doctor was found dead after her roommate noticed her body with stab injuries on her neck at their residence in Chennai. The 32 year-old PG student at Kilpauk Medical College was identified as Sathya Sesu married to a doctor from Perambalur district.