news Monday, May 11, 2015 - 05:30
    The body of a teenager, who was killed during a WWE-style street fight here a few days ago, was exhumed on Monday and an autopsy was conducted.   Amid tight security, police with the help of revenue authorities exhumed the body of 17-year-old Mohammed Nabeel from his grave in Barkas graveyard in the old city of Hyderabad.   A team of doctors and forensic experts conducted autopsy on the body in the graveyard.   Police were not awaiting for the autopsy report for further action in this sensational case.   Police on Sunday arrested seven youngsters in connection with the incident that occurred on May 3 in Panjeshah locality in the old city.   Though Nabeel died in the fight organised by a group of youngsters, they hid the actual cause and convinced his family that he suffered a bout of epileptic seizures and fell from his motorbike.   Nabeel, a student of Class 12, was laid to rest the same day. His father Mohammed Dastargir, who returned from Dubai where he works as a driver, grew suspicious when Nabeel's friends gave contradictory statements about the cause of death.   He approached police, seeking a probe into his son's death. The actual cause of Nabeel's death came to light on Sunday when a video of the deadly fight taken by a teenager was shared on Whatsapp and went viral on social media.   Police swung into action and arrested seven youngsters. Some minors were also detained.   In the video, Nabeel was seen repeatedly punched on his temple and chest by a youth identified as Owais Patel (19). Those arrested include Omer Baig (20), who had organised the fight, and Waseem Dollar (20), who was acting as referee.   Police said Nabeel was reluctant to fight but the other boys provoked him by making abusive remarks. Owais, who had earlier defeated two boys, hit 20 punches on Nabeel, who collapsed.   The boys shifted him to a private hospital in the area, where he was declared brought dead. They cooked up the story that he suffered seizures and fell from bike.   A case of death under suspicious circumstances was registered at Mir Chowk police station on Sunday. Police said it would be altered to murder case based on the autopsy report.   Deputy Commissioner of Police V. Satyanarayana said the accused would also be booked under Section 201 of the Indian Penal Code for causing disappearance of the evidence and giving false information.   With IANS  
Become a TNM Member for just Rs 999!
You can also support us with a one-time payment.