Three other students were hospitalised after they showed similar symptoms

news Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 09:21

A hostel cook in Bengaluru died of food poisoning on Monday after consuming ladoos that were meant for the students.

According to the Deccan Herald report, the incident happened at Sharada Nursing Hostel, near Uttarahali in Subramanyapura police limits. Fifty-eight-year-old Tangy died and three other students were hospitalised, after consuming the ladoos. The deceased is a native of Kerala.

The police said that the students, Vismay Verghese, Nandakumar and Arjun, are undergoing treatment at a private hospital and are out of danger.

After dinner on Sunday, Tangy gave the ladoos, which she made using refined wheat flour, to students and also ate some.

Hours after consuming the ladoos, Tangy started vomiting and was rushed to a hospital, where she died on Monday morning. The three other students, who also showed similar symptoms like Tangy, were also rushed to a hospital, said the police.

Health department has taken a sample of the ladoos for testing.

 

Show us some love and support our journalism by becoming a TNM Member - Click here.