The gang abducted three persons and murdered one of them, while the other two sustained stab injuries.

Bengaluru cops nab 21-member gang for kidnap and murder of youth
news Crime Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 08:21

In the wee hours of Tuesday, the Karnataka police chased down and nabbed a 21-member gang, that abducted three youths from Bengaluru. 

While the gang murdered 22-year-old Noor Ahmed, two of his friends- Mubasshir and Saleem- sustained grievous stab injuries and are undergoing treatment. 

According to reports, the three youths were abducted over a financial dispute between Saleem and the main accused Junaid. 

The abduction

According to The New Indian Express, Junaid is a sheep seller from Shivajinagar. He had reportedly bought some sheep from Noor, but had failed to pay for it. Recently, Noor and his friends allegedly barged into Junaid's house and misbehaved with his family and Junaid plotted to abduct them to take revenge. 

On Monday evening, reports The Times of India, Junaid called up Noor, saying that he had procured the money to pay him back, asked Noor to arrive near JC Nagar. At around 1 am, Noor and his friends reach the said spot, only to be abducted by the gang in a scorpio car. 

The gang took the youths to a farmhouse in Gauribidanur taluk of Chikkaballapur and reportedly injured them with sharp weapons. 

The crackdown  

According to reports, an eye-witness who saw the three youths being pulled in to the car, reported the matter to the jurisdictional police. With the help of CCTV visuals, the police were able to confirm the incident. The Scorpio car which the gang had used for the crime was a rented car,  that had GPS system enabled. Soon, the police tracked down their location and informed the Gauribidanur police. 

The Gauribidanur police nabbed the accused from the farm at around 6 am and found Noor lying in a pool of blood, while the other two had stab wounds. 

 Chetan Singh Rathor, Deputy Commissioner of Police (North), told The Hindu that Saleem and Mubasshir have been shifted to Victoria Hospital.