The deceased are 9-year-old Aryan Singh and 8-year-old Sahil Sankar.

Bengaluru boys mistake sulphuric acid for cold drink die after consuming it at birthday party Image for representation only
news Death Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 09:59

The two boys had gathered to celebrate a birthday. What was expected to be a happy evening took a horrific turn, when the two boys mistook acid for cold drink and gulped it down. 

In a tragic incident, two minor boys from Bengaluru died on Wednesday night, after they mistakenly consumed sulphuric acid. 

Television news channel News 9 reported that 9-year-old Aryan Singh and 8-year-old Sahil Sankar were at the latter’s house to celebrate his birthday.

The incident happened at Sahil's house in Kellari road in the city.

According to the report, after having food, the boys happened to see a liquid stored in a glass bottle. Presuming the liquid to be a cold drink, the duo reportedly consumed it. 

Sahil's father is a goldsmith, who had reportedly stored the acid at his residence for the purpose of melting gold. 

Confirming the incident to TNM, city market police said: "It was Sahil's birthday today. His father had kept the acid in the juice bottle. Thinking it was juice, the boys drank it."

(This is a developing story)

Become a TNM Member for just Rs 999!
You can also support us with a one-time payment.