BJP national president Amit Shah has laid down a 23-point formula for the party to strengthen its grassroots-level organisation in Karnataka ahead of the upcoming Assembly polls.
Shah held a strategy session with state leaders in Bengaluru on January 9 to prepare for the forthcoming Assembly Elections. The 23-point formula includes preparing a database of those with smartphones and motorbikes at each booth, hoisting party flags atop the house of booth-level committee presidents and creation of WhatsApp groups to publicise the party’s initiatives.
The micro-management strategies successfully implemented in Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat are now being implemented at the booth-level in Karnataka.
1. Constituency in-charges will make two trips every week (to meet citizens in the constituency)
2. Party office bearers should meet and decide travel itinerary with mandal level officials
3. For every five booths, there should be one ‘shakti kendra’. Each ‘shakti kendra’ is a collection of five polling booths that assess the party’s strengths and weaknesses on the ground
4. Workers in booth-level ‘shakti kendras’ have to travel to booths every two days in January and February
5. Revise voter list and remove those who are not in station
6. Study previous election results at booth level
7. Hold booth strengthening drives
8. Have at least ten people from SC, ST community in every booth level committee
9. Make a list of local influencers
10. Make a list of local seers
11. Make a list of people who lost Panchayat elections.
12. Make a list of people who have smartphone
13. Make a list of people who have motorbike
14. At every booth level, there should be five wall paintings saying “Ee baari BJP Sarkara” (This time it will be BJP government)
15. Carry out bike rally in March in every village
16. In constituent assembly, there should be a core committee of 8-10 members
17. Every booth level committee president should hoist BJP flag at home
18. Booth strengthening drives targeting youth
19. Carry out social media work
20. Creation of WhatsApp groups
21. Gain feedback from people in constituency
22. Area organisers and outsiders should decide division of joint work
23. Start discussions to create page leader. To implement BJP’s 'panna pramukh' strategy, each worker is given responsibility for a panna or a page in the electoral rolls. Each page in the voters’ list has the names of eight to twelve families.