The incident took place in Eluru town in West Godavari district.

4-yr-old Andhra boy swallows toy after mistaking it for a snack chokes to deathImage for representation
news Accident Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 08:13

In a tragic incident in Andhra Pradesh, a four-year-old boy choked to death on a rubber toy in Eluru in West Godavari district on Wednesday, after he mistook it for a snack.

The incident occurred in Kummari Revu Colony in the town, when Meesala Nireekshan Kumar's father, Lakshman Rao, bought him a snack packet.

The boy found a toy in the snack packet, and believing it to be a snack, he swallowed it. Following this, he choked and started having a seizure, and was rushed to the Government General Hospital where he was declared brought dead by doctors, the Times of India reported.

“Mistaking the toy for a ring, Kumar swallowed it and choked," the ToI report quoted a cop as saying.

The Deccan Chronicle reported that a case has been registered under Section 174 of the CrPC based on a complaint filed by Lakshmana Rao, and an investigation was underway.

Stating that a case would be booked against the shop dealer and the company, DSP Venkateswara Rao told mediapersons that the postmortem report was awaited.

Just earlier this week, a four-year-old boy was killed by his aunt, who works as an ASHA worker in the same anganwadi school where he used to study, after she allegedly fed the boy Kurkure which was laced with rat poison.

The incident took place in Prakasam district in Andhra Pradesh.

After eating the snack, the boy vomited and collapsed. He was rushed to a government hospital in Ongole, and later to a private hospital in Guntur, after doctors said that his condition had worsened and that he required special treatment. The boy passed away on Saturday while being treated.

The police suspect that a land dispute could be the motive behind the alleged murder.

 

Show us some love and support our journalism by becoming a TNM Member - Click here.