Health
The students all fell ill after eating the food served at the residential school’s mess on Sunday afternoon.

Thirty students from Telangana Minority Residential School in Hyderabad’s Asif Nagar were admitted to Niloufer Hospital after they fell sick eating lunch served at the mess.

“Around thirty students were referred to us after they presented with vomiting and severe abdominal pain. The students are in the age range of around 10 to 13. They ate the hostel food yesterday (Sunday) afternoon and immediately presented with stomach pain and vomiting. They were brought to the hospital today (Monday) morning and admitted,” stated Niloufer Hospital Medical Superintendent Dr Murali Krishna to the media.

He further added that the children had all been admitted to a special ward and were undergoing treatment and that they are all currently stable and doing well.

This is not the first time that such an incident has taken place. Earlier in June, a school in the state’s Karimnagar district came under the scanner after 32 students contracted food poisoning after eating the food served at the school’s mess. 20 girls from the Government Model Residential Girls’ College in Kesavapatnam mandal of Karimnagar district, were taken to a primary health centre (PHC) after they presented with stomach pain, nausea, vomiting and loose stools. Another 12 girls were later admitted to the PHC with similar complaints.

Prior to this 67 girls from a school in Telangana’s Ranga Reddy district were admitted to the hospital after eating the food served at the school’s mess. Around 30 girls were admitted to a nearby government hospital and sent home after being treated. Another  37 girls were taken to Niloufer Hospital after presenting with similar complaints. Several parents complained against the school after which Chevella police booked the school principal. A case was filed under section 337 of the Indian Penal Code (causing hurt by act of endangering life).