At least 15 students from Kasturba Gandhi Residential school were hospitalised on Thursday due to alleged food poisoning at Thorrur mandal headquarters in Mahabubabad district of Telangana.
According to the local media, students were reportedly served stale tamarind soup from the previous night, for breakfast.
Right after consuming the food, the students complained of vomiting and stomach ache.
The school staff then took the students to the local hospital for treatment.
According to reports, doctors said the health condition of the students is normal and they will be discharged soon.
After coming to know of the incident, Mandal Revenue Officer and other district officials rushed to the hospital.
Later they inspected the school and reportedly found several irregularities in maintenance of the mess.
This is the second incident of food poisoning in the district.
Earlier in the week, around 50 students were hospitalised from Nellikuduru Kasturba Gandhi Tribal Girls Residential school.
Kadiyam Srihari, Deputy Chief Minister who also holds education minister's portfolio, has expressed his displeasure at the incident and directed officials to cancel the hostel caterersâ€™ contract.
Following this, the District Collector Preeti Meena suspended three staff of the school, holding them responsible for mismanagement of the mess.
Speaking to The News Minute, Joint Collector Mahabubabad, Damodhar Reddy said, â€śDistrict Collector and DEO have reached out to the hospitalised students and ordered a probe. Necessary action will be taken if any irregularities are found.â€ť