

Follow TNM's WhatsApp channel for news updates and story links.
Public policy think tank Centre for Liberty has appealed to the Telugu Desam Party (TDP)-led state government and the Andhra Pradesh Capital Region Development Authority (APCRDA) to urgently resolve a long-standing land dispute involving 33 plot owners in Navluru village in Mangalagiri.
A delegation from the Centre for Liberty, headed by retired IPS officer AB Venkateswara Rao, visited Navluru on Tuesday, August 18, and reviewed the issue with the affected landowners.
According to Venkateswara Rao, the disputed land was originally assigned to farmers during the British era. Revenue records from 1907 reportedly classified the land as tank Poramboke. The parcel was later divided into seven subdivisions in 1925, one of which was recorded as Vagu (tank) Poramboke, he said.
The beneficiaries subsequently obtained permission from the village panchayat to develop a layout and sold plots in the area. However, the government included the land in the 22A prohibited properties list in 2007, triggering a legal dispute. The affected beneficiaries later approached the courts, and the matter has remained unresolved, Venkateswara Rao said.
He further alleged that in 2017, the then Guntur District Collector transferred the assigned land to the APCRDA by treating it as government property. The APCRDA has since undertaken construction of the N3(B) road as part of its infrastructure works, with the alignment affecting 33 plots.
Venkateswara Rao urged the authorities to settle the matter at the earliest, noting that the affected owners had already been assured by the District Collector that the issue would be examined.
Revenue officials, however, maintained that the land falls within the APCRDA’s trunk infrastructure development plans. They said the government was examining a proposal to provide alternative land to the affected plot owners.