Stampede at Pushpa 2 screening in Hyderabad.  
Telangana

Pushpa 2 stampede: 5 months after injury, 8-year-old taken off respiratory support

Sri Teja was injured at the stampede in Hyderabad’s Sandhya theater, on December 4 last year when he along with his family went to watch the premier of Allu Arjun starrer Pushpa 2: The Rule.

Written by : TNM Staff

Nearly five months after eight-year-old Sri Teja was injured in the Pushpa 2 stampede at Hyderabad’s Sandhya Theatre, he has been taken off oral feeds and no longer requires oxygen or respiratory support. A health update from the Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) on Monday, April 28, stated that Sri Teja has been discharged to the Neurorehabilitation Center for continued neurorehab services.

Sri Teja was injured in the stampede at Sandhya Theatre on December 4 last year, when he and his family went to watch the premiere of Allu Arjun’s Pushpa 2: The Rule. The stampede was triggered by Allu Arjun’s sudden visit to the theatre, which caused a commotion. Sri Teja’s 35-year-old mother, Revathi, was also injured and later passed away.

Following Revathi’s death, her husband Bhaskar filed a complaint at the Chikkadpally police station, after which an FIR was registered.

Actor Allu Arjun was arrested by the police on December 13 in connection with the incident and was produced before a city court. Police registered a case under Sections 105 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) and 118(1) (voluntarily causing hurt) read with 3(5) of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS) against Arjun, his security team, and the theatre management.

However, the Telangana High Court later granted the actor interim bail. After the arrest, Bhaskar told the media that he did not blame Allu Arjun for the stampede.

“My son wanted to see the movie. I took the family to Sandhya Theatre. Allu Arjun had come there, but it was not his mistake,” he said.

Also Read: ‘Not Allu Arjun’s fault’: Stampede victim’s husband says he’ll withdraw complaint

Post his release from jail, Allu Arjun stated that he has been advised not to visit the family owing to ongoing legal proceedings. “My prayers remain with them and I remain committed to taking responsibility for addressing the medical and family needs,” he stated.