Samsung has suspended sales of its Galaxy Note 7 smartphone after the company learned of 35 cases of fire-prone battery problems.

US mans car bursts out in flames after faulty Samsung phone is plugged into chargerFacebook
news Fire Friday, September 09, 2016 - 09:35

A man in Florida was in for a shock as his vehicle went up in flames after he left his phone plugged into the car’s charger. Samsung is conducting a review of the incident which happened on Monday.

Samsung had suspended sales of its Galaxy Note 7 smartphone on Friday, just two weeks after the flagship phone's launch. The sales halt came after the company learned of 35 cases of fire-prone battery problems.

The man wrote on his FB page:

Not the barbecue I wanted on my day off. We go to a garage sale to grab a desk for bonnie get back to the house unload the car leave it running ac on to keep the car cool we were planning on grabbing the dog and Bonnie and heading to petco, I head back out to the car to grab my phone which was on the charger (me and Lydia always fight over the house charger) go to open the door and see flames inside... open the door and it's engulfed run inside to get extinguisher and of course not to be found yell at Lydia to call Fire Department and well here is the end result. 

You can see more images of the incident here

 

Also Read: Samsung halts sales of Galaxy Note 7 on battery problems

Topic tags,

Become a TNM Member for just Rs 999!
You can also support us with a one-time payment.