1. Demanding better facilities in his school a class 11 student Shahal, had been on a lone hunger strike for three days. In three days, the government agreed to fulfill his demands. Read TNM special report.
2. In an unfortunate incident, a girl student of the College of Engineering in Thiruvananthapuram was mowed down by a jeep driven by other students during Onam celebrations details. night. Read
3. Kerala government has decided to open three more cyber police stations in Kochi, Kozhikode and Kannur this year to tackle the increase in cyber crimes. Read PTI report.
4. Supreme Court questioned the the logic of Kerala's liquor policy during a hearing on the petition filed by three and four star bar owners. Why do you want to try a policy that was a failure at least ten times in various states? SC asked. Read more on LiveLaw.
5. Kerala High Court denied the government's demand for a stay on a single bench's ruling of August 10th which rejected the state government's plan to form new municipalities and panchayats. The court said it didn't find any reasons, prima facie, to grant a stay. Read report by Mahir Haneef for The Times of India