In the wake of several selfie deaths being reported from different parts of the country, the government has issued a set of guidelines to be followed while taking selfies in accident-prone areas at tourist sites.
1. Identification of all tourist spots that are prone to accidents.
2. Installation of proper signages, warning visitors of the dangers involved in taking selfies at such locations.
3. Posting of volunteers or tourist police at vulnerable areas.
4. Sensitization of public through a public address system.
5. Launching of social and other media campaigns to spread awareness.
6. Wherever possible, barricading of areas identified as potentially dangerous.
The guidelines were issued by the Additional Director General in the Ministry of Tourism through an official circular on Wednesday.