By the time he was able to stop his bike, the phone was on fire, making it difficult for him to pull it out his pocket.

This is scary Biker scorched as Redmi Note 4 bursts into flames in his pocket
news Smart Phones Monday, August 14, 2017 - 15:41

In another incident of a mobile phone bursting into flames, the owner of a Redmi Note 4 smart phone was left helpless when his phone caught fire in his pocket while he was riding his bike in Ravulapalem of East Godavari district in Andra Pradesh on Sunday. 

25-year-old Bhavana Surya Kiran sustained severe burn injury on his thigh when the phone caught fire while in his pocket.  Surya Kiran, who is a small trader in Ravulapalem, was on his way to his shop in the morning when he felt a burning sensation on his thigh. By the time he was able to stop his bike, the phone was on fire, making it difficult for him to pull it out his pocket. Seeing Surya Kiran locals rushed to help him and rescued him by pouring water, according to the police.
 
Even after the phone was pulled out of his pocket it continued to burn until the phone was completely charred. 
 
Surya Kiran had bought the smart phone only 20 days back. He now wants to sue the company for selling him a faulty piece. He plans to move the District Consumers Forum, seeking action against the company TV9 reported.
 
Speaking with TNM Ravulapalem Sub Inspector, Vidyasagar said, "As of now we haven't received any written complaint, but we have spoken with the victim and collected primary information".
 
"His condition is alright, we will take necessary steps if the victim gives a complaint," Vidyasagar said. 
 
Topic tags,
Become a TNM Member for just Rs 999!
You can also support us with a one-time payment.