1. A case was registered under section 11 (1) (l) of Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, 1960, Act for killing 40 stray dogs in Kannur district on August 22. Read a PTI report.
2. Kerala ranks tenth in the incidences of crimes under sexual offences category nationwide, registering a crime rate of 33.2. The state is also the top among other southern states in crime rates. Read full report in ManoramaOnline.
3. Onam revelry by youth in the state seems to have been crossing limits this year. After the CET death, now another college has also raked in controversy following Onam celebrations. Read TNM report.
4. Over 4,000 students registered in a blood stem cell donation drive conducted by DATRI, a Chennai-based NGO. The drive has also been supported by celebrities across the state including actress Lakshmi Menon. Read ManoramaOnline report.
5. Kerala Travel Mart (KTM) has demanded for the travel and tourism sectors to be included in the proposed bill against hartals. KTM said that tourism sector had been affected badly due to lightning strikes, impacting package tours, reports The Hindu report.