news Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 05:30

The News Minute | December 16, 2014 | 9.50 am IST

Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose is alive, says an obscure affidavit filed in the Madurai bench of the High Court of Madras.

A Alagu Meena of the Bharatiya Subhas Sena filed this affidavit in the court. It claimed that Netaji was alive in a secret place and that they were ready to produce him in court if the Centre could guarantee his protection, The New Indian Express reported.

Meena quoted the High Court of Allahabad’s 1997 order against treating Netaji as dead, claims made by the Tamil leader Pasumpon Muthuramalingam that he was alive and a secret telegram of 1946 from British Intelligence to the Director of Indian Intelligence in her petition to further substantiate her claim of the leader being alive.

It also said that it was ready to produce secret documents and videos to prove their claim. DNA test and finger print matching could also be done to verify the claim, the petition said.

However, before all this they wanted an affirmation from the Union government. She alleged that the first Prime Minister of India Jawaharlal Nehru had written to his British counterpart that Bose was a war criminal and the Union Home Minister G.B. Pant had agreed to handover Bose to Britain if he was found alive.

The petition has been accepted and has been adjourned to January 5, 2015. The same court had earlier sought a detailed reply from the Union government regarding the leader’s disappearance or death.

Show us some love! Support our journalism by becoming a TNM Member - Click here.